2 Corinthians 6:2 “For He says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.”
Here is the gospel message and salvation prayer that is included in the Chapel by the Sea Sunday worship handout bulletin.
Our Goal: To honor our Lord and King, and to carry out the Great Commission. Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus approached them and told them, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Our Prayer: To help others come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, and to follow Him as a faithful disciple. Matthew 10:39 “He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.” Luke 6:40“A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.”
God’s Message: There is only one way to heaven and eternal life with Him. John 3:3 “Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Man’s Problem: Man is unfit for heaven because of sin and he destined for eternal death and separation from God.Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
God’s Desire: That all man would repent of their sin and be saved. 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”
God’s Solution: God’s sent His only begotten Son to pay the death penalty sentence for our sin, by living a life without sin and dieing in our place. 2 Corinthians 5:21 “He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
God’s Call: God is always there calling for sinners to come home. Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.”
Your Response: Behold today is the day of salvation. In repent faith, turn yourself over to Jesus Christ today and receive His pardon and His righteousness. You can use this prayer to “call upon the Name of the Lord.”
Dear Lord Jesus, I know my sins have separated me from You. I know that I need Your forgiveness to cover the penalty of my sins and Your righteousness in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I now repent of my sins and turn my life over to You, Lord Jesus. I do believe that You earned my salvation for me; through dying for my sins in your perfect sacrifice on the cross, and through living on my behalf, a perfect life of obedience and righteousness. I trust in you alone to save me, and I am willing to follow You as Lord of my life. Thank You for granting me forgiveness and a new birth into spiritual life, united with You for eternity. I pray this in Your Name, Jesus. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer, please tell me or a fellow Christian as a way to publicly confess Christ and a way for other to rejoice with you. It is important that you find a good Christian church, a body of believers, to serve with and grow with. These will be your friends for eternity.
Now that you are a born again child of God, a Christian, your first work of faith is to seek out a body of Christians, a local church, to serve and grown in. Equally important, you will want to be baptized, as your first work of faith, publicly demonstrating the private confession of your belief in Jesus. And that is what baptism is, a picture of your death (to your sin nature) and resurrection (new life) with Christ. Make sure the church you attend adheres to the essential uncompromising truths that your new life in Christ rests upon … in the non-essentials liberty and in all things love.
Here are the essential articles of faith that are included in the handout bulletin:
– We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
– We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
– We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
– We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received only through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
– We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
– We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
– We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.